EGR Valve exhaust pipe.....

Okay so a while back I fitted an Allard EGR delete pipe on my 2.0pd (140), it's been removed now but that's another story

What I'm wondering is how the he'll you get the pipe off, from the exhaust to EGR valve. Now I know you can just pop the gasket and blanking plate on the end of the pipe at the EGR end but, to me, it looked messy and I figured sooner or later that pipe vibrating about would shear through meaning I'd only have to do the job properly later. The EGR delete got all bolted up nice and neat, (after a fashion!), and I set to taking the exhaust feed off. There's me took off the corner airbox pipe bit at the back right so I can get to the other end of the pipe, get my nice little handy Allen bolt ratchet thingymebob and take out the 2 bolts securing the back end of the pipe. Even managed to do this without dropping them or their washers deep down onto the depths of the undertray. So now all I need do is give the pipe a wiggle and ease it out of the car before putting the nice shiny blanking plate and gasket where the pipe used to live!

That's what I thought anyway......

So after a hour, nay even 2, of wiggling and jiggling, even jacking the car and removing the undertray to see if it would go that way, I admitted defeat and sulked. Then I put the car back together and just put the blanking plate on the end by the EGR. Now I know I said at the start the delete pipes not on there now, and it's not, so in a round about way not getting the pipe off did save me a bit of effort but I'd still really like to know.... HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET THAT #%$€*+< PIPE OFF!

So can anyone enlighten me how they managed it, if they did?