Limited Edition rear badges

wib

hey all.

just out of interest should there be any limited edition badges on the bootlid or anywhere else as mine has none on it and im sure i have seen some with them.

i would like to refit them if there is, does anyone know the part numbers and prices by chance.

mike

Yes it should. If you bought it second hand, the dealership / previous owner may well have removed them as they were flawed. The red rubbed off them really easily and they may have struggled to get replacements.

Yes it should. If you bought it second hand, the dealership / previous owner may well have removed them as they were flawed. The red rubbed off them really easily and they may have struggled to get replacements.

fantastic, i thought they may be missing, do skoda still stock them as it would be nice to reinstate them.

mike

I asked recently at my dealer and they said that there are none available for order. However the original badge was pants anyway, but if you keep your eyes open on ebay you will often see far better examples of 'limited edition' badges (where the letters don't peel off!) and that are easy to stick on where the old one is/was...

The sticky letters are peeling out of mine as well, was thinking of getting some skoda green paint and painting it back in with a very fine brush. Make it look a bit more individual??

I lost an 'i' a few months ago, all the others seemed fine so I got a 50p red vinyl sticker sheet (meant to be a red flag or something) from ebay and just cut out a new letter to size and stuck it on and it looks good as new - however I was lucky it was an i as some of the other letters woulod have been more fiddly! However, I did get a very nice generic black with chrome letters 'limited edition' badge from ebay for a few quid that's going to be swapped on whenever more letters drop off the old one!

When I purchased my LE (new) from the dealer I noticed the original badge was already deteriorating, not bad for a car which at the time had 6 miles on the clock. The original badge was removed prior to delivery and a new improved badge supplied a few weeks later. Two years later and I still have not fitted it!

• 2 years later...

what is the size of the backing it sits on as i want to make one up so its home when i go to pick up my limited edition. looking for the grey back plate size in CM or mm thanks