Octavia II lights left on Buzzer not working

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a problem with the buzzer that alerts you if you have left the headlighs or sidelights on when you turn off the engine?

All the other warning lights and warning noises work (i.e fuel, doors left open, seatbelt etc).

Just one day it decided to stop buzzing. The car is a 2005 octavia 1.9 tdi classic.

thanks in advance

A sensor fail, thats unlike Skoda...... (Sacasm incase anyone was wondering).

Strange thing is the interior light works ok when the door is open as does the door light on the dash. May i ask if those worked when your light buzzer packed up?

cheers

I had this issue on the same model. The culprit was a sensor in the door catch that can fail. I was quoted near to £200 by the AD to replace it so I just left it and put up with it.

A sensor fail, thats unlike Skoda...... (Sacasm incase anyone was wondering).

Strange thing is the interior light works ok when the door is open as does the door light on the dash. May i ask if those worked when your light buzzer packed up?

interior light: no. Dash light: yes! Not helpful!

Thanks, when i had a look last night i noticed my interior light was intermittent, sometimes i would open the door and have no light and sometimes it would work.

I am thinking about taking the door panel appart to see whats in there, might be a loose wire, corroded connection etc.

interior light: no. Dash light: yes! Not helpful!