Octavia vRS (MkII) lost power

LiamL

Just after work I got into my MkII vRS (06 plate), started the car and drove for a few meter. Stepped on it (not extremely though) and all of the sudden I heard a noise and the car lost the power. No controls came on the dashboard but the car was kind of struggling to carry on. I opened the bonnet, took a look inside but couldn't see anything suspicious. The engine was still running so I decided to go home (just about 2 miles). The car kind of stopped struggling, however still no power to what it used to be. I opened a window and could hear slightly whistling and more 'blowing' noise, but I can't remember the revs level. The more gas added the noisier it was. Still no controls on the dashboard (even after switching the ignition off and on).

Any ideas what happened? Is it safe to continue using the car?

Thank you in advance for any response.

As martziniuk noticed I forgot to specify the engine. It 2.0T FSI petrol.

Edited by LiamL