Vibration when putting foot down in 5th?

BIGMIKE1

Ive noticed the odd small vibration when driving on the motorway for a while and put it down to wheel balancing, but the garage swapped my wheels front to back the other week and the vibration through the steering has stopped, so that confirmed that the wheels did need balancing. Thing is Ive since noticed that if you put your foot down at motorway speeds in 5th theres a slight vibration through the car till you let off the throttle a bit. It definately doesn't seem to be a speed wobble anymore as you can be doing the same speed and just let off slightly and it stops???

Ive tryed searching and Iam wondering if its something to do with the Dual mass flywheel but its only done 72k so would have hoped that would have lasted longer? Ive read about a lot of dogbone mounts being changed but not sure how I'd know if this was faulty?

Its a 2001 TDI 110, obviously doesn't affect the car to much but its just rather annoying and as I really like the car I'd like it to be write.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Mike

That was what I feared! Was hoping someone would say "oh yeh its just this cheap bush that needs changing"

It's actually been hardly noticeable today and as the clutch seems fine I dont really want to fork out for it at the minute till it gets a bit worse.

That was what I feared! Was hoping someone would say "oh yeh its just this cheap bush that needs changing"

It's actually been hardly noticeable today and as the clutch seems fine I dont really want to fork out for it at the minute till it gets a bit worse.

Some petrol owners inc myself, have a Golf G60 SMF and VR6 clutch fitted as cheaper and more reliable. Not sure how that fairs on the diesel.

DMF's prone to failing. I was looking at Volvo D5's with 68k and 84k to replace my 4x4 earlier this year. Both less than 6 years old, FVSH, found DMF on it's way out on both.