FABIA VRS now gone replaced with a MX5

curs

Had my heart set on a new shape MK3.5 mazda MX5.5 for a year or so but due to my parents being old I sometimes have to take them out together and needed a five door car, not always able to use my wife's Fabia sport. Sadly my father passed away a few months ago and left me some money in his will, after finding a mx5 I liked, a 2.0l sport tech, comes with

17" alloy wheels

6-speed manual transmission

Front fog lights

Front suspension strut bar

Bilstein shock absorbers*

Heated leather seats

Bluetooth® connectivity

Premium BOSE® audio system with 6-CD autochanger and seven speakers

cruse controll

climate controll

As you can see a great spec car.

IN my opinion in the looks department the mazda wins hand down but that not the most important thing its how it drives and I can say the VRS wins in this department hands down.

Didn't realise how great the fabia Vrs was, on paper the Mazda is only 0.3 second short 0 to 62 than the VRS but I think the Mazda would have a very hard job keeping up with the Fabia and the Fabia ride is far far better.

Road tax on Mazda £210 fabia £130, First service Mazda £217 Fabia about £120 and it goes on and on, MPG most 30MPG alway 38 plus on the VRS such a great little and cheep car to own.

As I said my wife has a Fabia 1.2l sport on a 2008 plate in the ideal world would have like to keep the VRS and p/x the sport but was only left a few K.

One more note it was was very hard to get a good p/x price ranged from £9600 to £10700 don't seem a lot for a car that had only covered 2.5k (and used over 5Ls oil) on a 60 plate, but that's the motor trade for you (should have sold it private) but never sold a car before.

So all you Fabia drivers enjoy your car as you might not how good you little car is, in my opinion a great great little car and we still have a Fabia sport, sun now shining a little cold but now going out in the Mazda with the hood DOWN.

Edited by curs

Well that's sounds a little strange TBH... Don't get me wrong I LOVE my vRS, I am perfectly happy with all its comforts, all its practicallity but more important its performance/cost ratio but I would bet the ride on an MX5 would be sportier, even more with the 2LT engine of yours.

I don't doubt the performance is similar but isn't the mazda at least faster to take corners with, due to its lower hight and longer left-to-right wheel shafts? (don't remeber the correct word in english please assist!) Also, from the comfort side, the bodyroll on high speed turns should be inexisting compared to a stock vRS...

Well that's sounds a little strange TBH... Don't get me wrong I LOVE my vRS, I am perfectly happy with all its comforts, all its practicallity but more important its performance/cost ratio but I would bet the ride on an MX5 would be sportier, even more with the 2LT engine of yours.

I don't doubt the performance is similar but isn't the mazda at least faster to take corners with, due to its lower hight and longer left-to-right wheel shafts? (don't remeber the correct word in english please assist!) Also, from the comfort side, the bodyroll on high speed turns should be inexisting compared to a stock vRS...

yes you may be right on a track or on B roads but as a day to day car in town the Vrs is better.

yes you may be right on a track or on B roads but as a day to day car in town the Vrs is better.

Can you elaborate a little more on this? I guess the MX5 is more "hard" suspension-wise but other than that?

The vRS is a hot hatch, a rather numb VAG made product at that, whereas the MX-5 whilst not my fav car by a long way is such a drivers cars.

yes in a straight line it won't keep up but the MX-5 is all about the corners, and whilst they probably go round the corner at surprisingly similar speeds i bet it's much more fun in the MX-5.

Tell you want CUrs, drive the MX-5 for 6 months, you can then have a go in my new vRS and tell me which you think is dynamically a better car to drive.