Honda type r 50-70?

Mark1983

There are a lot of models that Honda have made with the Type R badge...

Integra DC2 & DC5

Civic EK9, EP3, FN2 and FD2

All of them have high revving engines though so 50-70 in 5th will most likely be slower than VAG turbo cars.

And here a little extract talking about an Ibiza with PD130 in it:

"To give you some idea of the acceleration here - the 30-50 times are actually faster than a Civic Type R in 3rd 4th and 5th gears. As you can imagine you will be able to leave many people rather red faced."

Torque FTW!!!

If you were doing that flat out you would probably be in 3rd gear. :)

If it's anything like my Madza (which I'd expect the gearing to be) you can hit over 70 in second! All other gears are surplus to requirements. ;)

50-70 in 5th isnt good. The Type R does 58mph in 2nd. So 5th would start about 2.5-3k, when the main bulk over torque doesn't come in until around 5k, then VTEC at 6.

If you are trying to put it against the vRS. Then you need them have them both in the power band so you will need the civic in 3rd.

I tried many times against Type R's when I had my vRS. Even mapped i struggled on anything but on a hill.

Edited by VRS Goldie Jon