EGR Gaskets

AS WH SAYS. You don't need to replace it.

You will need lots of hand cleaner and elastoplast. The trick is to undo the two easy screws and as soon as it frees with the hard one then twist it to get better access. Have fun.

Thanks for the replies. I read that you should also clean the inlet manifold at the same time, is this essential?. Also if any of the gunk that is in the EGR, manifold etc falls into the engine will this just burn off or should I be extra vigilant in stopping anything falling in.

Thanks again

Thanks for the replies. I read that you should also clean the inlet manifold at the same time, is this essential?. Also if any of the gunk that is in the EGR, manifold etc falls into the engine will this just burn off or should I be extra vigilant in stopping anything falling in.

Thanks again

Make sure NOTHING gets into the engine! If you intend to clean the manifold remove it from the car first. If any of that nasty gloop gets onto a piston, it will create a hot spot, and melt the piston crown.