Fabia 1.4 16v Engine Management Light

It's been a while since I posted as I wrote my much loved Octy vRS off Jan 09 and wasn't able to drive for some time after. Had a 52 plate A4 TDI Quattro since which has now been replaced with a 61 plated A4 Black Edition :D

Anyways, to the reason I have posted..

The EML of my good ladies Fabia came on yesterday and was wondering if anyone on the forum might know the reason and/or if they have experienced the same problem. Strange this is that there is no visable problems as I drove it for a good hour yesterday and took it up and down the rev range, even held it at 5500rpm in 2nd to listen for any 'blips' which may indicate a fuel or ignition problems..but didnt miss a beat? Thinking it maybe an emissions problem.

Car seems ok but worried abut her getting stuck as we have just found out she is pregnent and dont want her getting stressed etc. I live in south Derbyshire, is there anyone local with Vagcom? There will be a drink in it for anyone that wouldn't mind plugging it in :yes: :thumbup:

Those 16v engines are quite hardy little things, you be amazed how well they will run even with a list of fault codes as long as your arm and ther being no actual noticeable difference.

But as said above it's anybody's guess without seeing the scan results

the engine light popped up on my missus fabia AFH 100bhp, i took it to be scanned this morning at my garage(free) and it came up EGR vavle,

he removed the light but only said to bother fixing it if it comes back on. we have lost about 5mpg per tank though. so something is wrong.

New even on ebay they seem to be £110,

i've recently discovered a company called Breckland Auto spares(tel 01760339803) they are sending me a used one inc P&P for £30 with next day delivery, it comes with a 90day warranty.

it's not a part i would really want to buy used but i thought i will give it a go.

I live near Burton on Trent, Lichfield isnt too far if you wouldn't mind scanning it :)

I'm a bit south of Lichfield, but probably only 30-40 min from Burton (as long as it's not rush hour). I'll PM you.

• 1 month later...