Greenline Sticker

Anyone with a new Greenline know if you can remove the Greenline stickers from the wings near the front wheels without making a mess?

They are the only thing I really don't like about the car.

Cheers.

Heat the badge with a hairdryer for 2 mins, do not get closer than an inch and move about. Use fishing line or dentel floss to get under badge and pull off. Use neat alcohol or an alcohol wipe to remove the glue residue ( Halfords etc sell them) Rain x is good also. Polish and wax where the badge was :thumbup:

Removed mine this afternoon. You don't need to do all the dental floss/fishing line stuff. They just peeled off like a sticker. Didn't leave much residue behind, just washed the area again.

Looks so much better, like you it was the one thing annoying me!

I required that all Greenline badges would've been removed before the car was handovered to me. However, they did remove the rear Greenline badge but not those ones on sides and on the front grille.

The salesman removed the side badges and later the service guy removed the front grille badge at the garage. It's glued on the grille so he had to take some rough actions to get it removed. But now my car is completely without those Greenline badges :)

Anyone with a new Greenline know if you can remove the Greenline stickers from the wings near the front wheels without making a mess?

They are the only thing I really don't like about the car.

Cheers.

Using a fingernail, gently tease an edge, then use a pair of tweezers to remove the remainder. The sticker has a tendancy to split which means it may take a few minutes to remove it entirely.

Once removed you'll have nice unadorned front wings!

Using a fingernail, gently tease an edge, then use a pair of tweezers to remove the remainder. The sticker has a tendancy to split which means it may take a few minutes to remove it entirely.

Once removed you'll have nice unadorned front wings!

Tendancy to split??

I had to remove it in tiny pieces as it just broke all the time - I just used my fingernail to avoid damage to paint.

Looks much better now!

Why bother- are you emabarrased you have a big comfy cruiser that also knocks spots of many rivals for CO2 emissions, delivers almost ridiculous fuel consumption and running costs?

I would be covering it with glitter and showing off- if you have it- flaunt it :giggle:

Why bother- are you emabarrased you have a big comfy cruiser that also knocks spots of many rivals for CO2 emissions, delivers almost ridiculous fuel consumption and running costs?

I would be covering it with glitter and showing off- if you have it- flaunt it :giggle:

For me, badges and stickers like that upset the balance and lines of the car. When I looked at the Hyundai i40, the one in the showroom had 'BLUE DRIVE' badges on the wings, and they looked very 'early learning centre' if you know what I mean... :p

No not embarrassed at all.

I love the car and happily leave the Greenline badge on the tailgate. I just thought the stickers on the front wings looked cheap and out of character for an otherwise great car.

I love the car and happily leave the Greenline badge on the tailgate. I just thought the stickers on the front wings looked cheap and out of character for an otherwise great car.

I would like to have a Greenline sticker on my 2.0 TSI. Directly above the four exhaust pipes.

My sentiments exactly!

I just did this recently, after googling the issue repeatedly.

It's really simple, and nothing to worry about:

1. Boil the kettle
  2. Pour boiling water over sticker
  3. Peel off with finger nails as normal

It did not split and came off very easy.

Don't hesitate to do it if you want.

• Like 1