Skip to content

softscoop

FREEDOMLite
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Something like this means you can rip your CDs easily. https://amzn.eu/d/0iICC1YP
  2. With it being a L&k I assume it's a xenon unit? Is your car a facelift as 2008 was the crossover year
  3. Interesting, how have you done that?
  4. Turn your cornering lights back on and see if that brings them back. My Sharan has AFS lights and when one of the static cornering lights bulbs was out it disabled the AFS headlight function. Also, there is definitely and off switch for AFS as I have the option on the display to disable bend lighting, so there must be an equivalent VCDS option somewhere.
  5. Are you sure there isn't a letter at the end of the part number? A lot of VAG part numbers have a suffix which denotes a revision or left and right hand drive
  6. The 1.9 will also be a wet clutch dsg box. I know as I had one for 7 years :)
  7. That is a very fair price for how much work has been put into that. I wish I had the funds for something like this. Best of luck with the sale, let's hope it stays on the forum.
  8. If it's a 2.0 TDI engine it will be a wet clutch dsg box. The dry clutch boxes were only fitted to the lower powered 1.4 petrol and 1.6 TDI in the facelift cars from around 2010 onwards
  9. Some of the basic obd devices can read gearbox codes but I've always found them unreliable. Carista is the cheapest option that I know of that can access all of the modules and fault codes on Skoda/VW It would be worth trying with a 1 month subscription before you write the car off. https://amzn.eu/d/00JGiMqO
  10. He's talking about fitting the camshaft from an SDI. It's a reasonably common upgrade as the lobes have a slightly longer lift. S-Tune1.9TDI PD SDI Camshaft KitS-Tune 1.9 TDI Billet Steel Camshaft Kit (Mild Upgrade) Our camshafts are produced to the highest quality specification of any billet steel camshaft currently for sale. Using the larger SDI Camshaft h
  11. Also I noticed that you're in NZ. I know in some hotter countries there are different thermostats fitted that are set to open at a much lower temperature, make sure you've got the right one for your climate.
  12. I would try first of all by replacing the DSG stat with a new one of a decent brand. They're not expensive and it's an easy enough job to do DIY. AliExpress is great for some things but you never know the quality of what you're getting, especially when it comes to car parts
  13. Welcome back to the forum. Not sure if our paths crossed much back in the day but I remember seeing your posts. I still miss my old vRS, 12 years now since I sold it, how time flies. Driving just for the fun of it, travelling all over the country for meets, the old days of the forum sure were fun times.
  14. Welcome to the site. What number is on your your seats? There were only 1000 of the SE as a run-out model, and each was individually numbered on the seats

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.