Car Locking Itself

rob-s-

Hi All,

i have noticed that when i unlock the car (press unlock button on key fob twice), all the doors onlock, but as soon as i open the drivers door, the car locks all of the other doors again.

I looked in the owners manual but cant find any mention of why the car would do this.

Has this happened to anyone else?

car is a 1.9 Roomster3

Sounds like it might be a didgy micro switch in the door.

If you have the drivers door open and press the lock button on the remote will it let you lock the car?

Phil

Quick update on this one: -

Just spoke to the service manager at my local Skoda dealer. He didnt seem to have encountered this type of thing before and said i would have to take the car to them for them to have a look so they can diagnose whats wrong. Thats fair enough.

I have booked the car in for next week so will see what they say.

He did mention that if it turns out to be a wiring fault it wouldnt be covered under warranty (Skoda warranty has expired on my car as its older than 3 years but im still within the dealer 12month warranty).

Edited by rob-s-

• 2 weeks later...