'Missing' music files on JVC head unit

Now first a wee apology guys. I suppose technically the issue I have does not directly relate to Skodas - but please bear with me as I explain.

I have fitted an aftermarket JVC - R412 head unit to my Skoda vRS and I'm really happy with the sound quality it produces (speakers in the car are alot better than I first imagined) - HOWEVER there is a small niggling problem that seems to keep surfacing. When I use the USB input the stereo seems to 'lose' certain folders !

I copy music onto the USB stick the same way each time, and if I put 12 albums on it (and check they're all there) - the 'reading' of this disk will only allow me to access maybees 10 of them, saying that the other two have 'no file'.

When I take the USB stick back to a computer, the albums names are still visible, but all the music files have disappeared ??

Really stumped on this one ! Has anyone else experienced similar problems? (Not necessarily with the same head unit)

Thanks

Ewan

It's usually the length of the folder/file names - These are the limits

The maximum number of characters for:

– Folder names : 32 characters

– File names : 32 characters

– MP3 Tag : 64 characters

– WMA Tag : 32 characters

255 folders (255 files per folder including folder without unsupported files), and of 8 hierarchies.