window help

danp

hi i have a 2002 vrs and the drivers window has just started playing up ? you press up the window goes to the top then comes back down half way iv cheaked the rubbers and there is nothing in them tryed to reset the window still no joy can any one help please lol

hi i have a 2002 vrs and the drivers window has just started playing up ? you press up the window goes to the top then comes back down half way iv cheaked the rubbers and there is nothing in them tryed to reset the window still no joy can any one help please lol

When I had this on another make of car and it was caused by rusting in the windows slides. When the glass sticks, the high current sensor for the motor operates as it thinks there is someone's fingers trapped in the the window. It then reverses the glass a short way and stops.

To make the car secure, have someone operate the switch while you are trying to pull the glass up with a hand on side of the glass (door open).

You can then find the cause of the obstruction later - which may be something simple inside the door such as a broken clip or, like mine, rusting in the channels.