Oil light flashing (again) ...

Rip

• 1 month later...

Its been 2 months now..no one here seems to know the issue with my (My Skoda Fabia  1.4 16V is doing the exact thing...the oil is new & the level is good... took out the switch,check the oil pressure & it is fine( the light comes on only when i drive) its been through 2 mechanics & 2 diagnostic checks....Can someone please help..all i hear in my country is Skoda is a trouble car

Not sure if youve tried this but it worked for me: I was having problems wit the oil light coming on all the time, pressure was fine and I changed the sensor to no avail. It took me 3 months to work out what had happened.

Some oil had gotten in to one of the spark plug holes (which are jist under the oil cap on my 16v DOHC) causing it to short and send loads of crazy electrical signals all around the car - hence the oil light.

Cleaned it out with a can of pressurised air and a cloth, changed the plugs and now (touch wood) no more oil light.

worth a shot for £20 I would say. Hope it helps you!

I never check that...yes i can remember the mechanic putting some oil in that area to build up pressure,to start it...Thanks,i will tryi it & post the findings

....Forgot to mention there is a loud knocking sound coming from the engine when the oil light comes on...the oil pressure was tested & they say its fine

Edited by islandlinkz