Accidentally debadged!

Dutch4x4

I've still got the Fabia logo, vRS was removed for boyracer reasons.

This morning I yet again got stuck behind a Clio Sport who was doing a lowish speed considering the traffic around him. Tried to get past at which point he sped up to a pretty high speed, at which point he slammed on the brakes again.

Still refused to move over, so I went into the middle lane, joining the traffic at their speed (which was higher than his). Of course as I went to pull back out again he nailed it. Eventually had to drop to the empty slow lane to get past. Was not gonna risk my life or others on the road just coz that guy wouldn't shift. Luckily he got stuck behind a bunch of lorries a bit later on when a Porsche basically virtually kicked him off the road ;):rofl:

I let the Porsche go by as it was going 3 digit and above - not really the thing to do when a traffic jam is ahead ;)

All this removing the badge stuff won't fool anyone!

First thing I look at is the exhaust which is normally the giveaway,especially the blatently obvious vRS ones :D

Of course huge drainpipe things just give comedy value and can safely be ignored.

Seems like you all need to do a bit of dechroming too ;)

The above debadged cars do look good with the skoda badge left on.I did see a white fabia once with the skoda badge and fabia badge removed but the '1.4 16v' badge had been placed where the skoda badge had been.

Didn't look bad actually.Anyone want to own up to that? :)

I wear my badge with pride :D

:rofl:

I'd do that too when the alternative would be having a TDI badge with all three letters in the brightest possible kind of red. That's so... overstated. ;)

But it's different with the 4x4 turbo badge. For one, it's rare. Second, it's pretty (IMHO). And on an otherwise plain-looking car it won't create the image of being a 1.6 poser boy who has to compensate for his lack of grunt with big shiny alloys...

If it were a vRS - which is full of other vRS styling cues - I'd have left it like this.

But it isn't, and I'm going to have them put back on. (But not just yet. :D )

The above debadged cars do look good with the skoda badge left on.I did see a white fabia once with the skoda badge and fabia badge removed but the '1.4 16v' badge had been placed where the skoda badge had been.

Didn't look bad actually.Anyone want to own up to that? :)

Have a search on here - Alexst did this on his black Furby vRS and there was great debate about it ;) Saw it in the flesh and I'm still not convinced I like it, but each to their own! :D

Chris

Personally I'd leave the Skoda badge alone - just can't be asked to remove it, plus it has the two holes behind it.

I asked the dealer to remove both badges as I recall but they only removed the vRS badge. I've left it like that - some boyracers will recognise it but the way I look at it is this:

* If someone is hogging the fast lane I'll go past some other way that's safe. In that case the logo on the front really won't make any difference, it would have been the same (just much, much, much slower) in my rover 100 ;)

* If someone is trying to crawl into my boot, they'll do it without regard for the road conditions or safety anyway - if I am not stuck behind someone else I'll move over and let them go past. Hell I may even move over anyway as I don't want an accident ;)

I had a bit of fun today and am so glad I am "badged"

Junction 11 (IIRC) Southbound M74......steep hill BMW X5 (petrol) in front and a wagon in front of him on the slip road..........as we joined a totally clear M74 Southbound I was very kind and pulled straight to the outside (3rd) lane so that he could overtake the wagon in the middle lane.

He wasn't much amused and for a second or two closed up on my boot, so I accelerated up the hill.................

Anyway, that's one X5 that will be back to the dealer after the Easter holidays asking for an explanation :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I suspect poor driving rather than the vehicle, but I haven't looked at the X5 stats yet?

BTW I did have a passenger who was looking back and waving at him disappearing into the distance......if it was you I apologise for her chavvy behaviour.....family eh?? :finger: