Octavia Scout Front Screen

My screen is cracked on my Octavia Scout and the car is booked in for a new one with Autoglass, however, I asked for confirmation that it will be a like for like replacement and they said yes but then went on to ask if it had rain sensing wipers etc. In ,the end they said it should have a tint on the top of the screen, which it doesn't have, but I am not sure if the whole screen is tinted or not, it certainly looks like there is a slight tint but trying to find out on the Skoda site is impossible. Does anyone know if the Scout has a tinted front screen or plain glass, it is a 2011 car with "sunset" glass" which I guess is another name for privacy glass at the rear. I just want to make sure I end up with the same specification as the car started out with.

Paul

My 2010 looks plain glass, not tinted, and neither there is a tint at the top of the windscreen, sunset as you say is for rear.

Check when Autoglass arrives and compare for yourself.

My 2010 looks plain glass, not tinted, and neither there is a tint at the top of the windscreen, sunset as you say is for rear.

Check when Autoglass arrives and compare for yourself.

There has been a prvious thread on Octavia windscreens that touched on this.

On later Octavia FL, certainly from 2010 the top tint was deleted and also the rain/light sensor/miror mount position has been moved up.I thinkl that you will find that the screen does have a light tint, just like the side glass (allows 70% light throughput).

So the important thing top get right is that the new screen has the mirror mounting in the correct position.

I actually got a top tint screen for my 2010 L&K with the mirror now in the lower position - the sensor wiring is just long enough.

John.

I guess the due to rain sensor in mirror, they have taken off the top tint, so it doesn't confuse it.

Before the FL version, the light sensor and mirror position was lower down the screen.

On FL, this has moved up and the printing/dotted effect has a space for the light sensor to look through.

John.

My putative replacement screen was not as OE (missing the dark band) and the fitter came back another day with the correct one. So make sure you check first.

Car will have to stay under cover for several hours- luckily we had a loading bay I could use. No idea what you do on a wind/rain swept car park.