'FREE' winter healthcheck

Macdemon

Just had a free winter health check at a local Skoda authorised service agent, and the only things they found was Ivor needed an oil top-up of 1/2 a litre & and there was a warranty recall issue on the headlamp/foglamp switch. When you turn it, it comes away in your hand emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

That's no problem though, as the garage are doing the warranty repair next Wednesdayemoticon-0144-nod.gif

All in all, cost was a smudge over £10 which I was very happy with. :)

Had a chat with the Mazda chap (its a Mazda dealership) regarding DSG gearboxes, and there is now up to a YEARS wait for them emoticon-0104-surprised.gif

Glad I got mine when I did emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Rivervale Cars were a nice bunch and I will be happy leaving Ivor in their capable hands for his first service next September. :yes:

http://rivervalecars.com/skoda/

Hi Macdemon - 'the headlamp/foglamp switch. When you turn it, it comes away in your hand' - got the same problem on mine. I'll let Skoda sort it out on it's 1st service (February I reckon?)

Edited by BigHusky

Hi Macdemon - 'the headlamp/foglamp switch. When you turn it, it comes away in your hand' - got the same problem on mine. I'll let Skoda sort it out on it's 1st service (February I reckon?)

Pop down to your local Skoda dealership and get it fixed. emoticon-0105-wink.gif

I had never used my fog lamps and leave the switch on auto so the headlights come on automatically.

Just had a free winter health check at a local Skoda authorised service agent, and the only things they found was Ivor needed an oil top-up of 1/2 a litre & and there was a warranty recall issue on the headlamp/foglamp switch. When you turn it, it comes away in your hand emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

That's no problem though, as the garage are doing the warranty repair next Wednesdayemoticon-0144-nod.gif

All in all, cost was a smudge over £10 which I was very happy with. :)

Had a chat with the Mazda chap (its a Mazda dealership) regarding DSG gearboxes, and there is now up to a YEARS wait for them emoticon-0104-surprised.gif

Glad I got mine when I did emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Rivervale Cars were a nice bunch and I will be happy leaving Ivor in their capable hands for his first service next September. :yes:

http://rivervalecars.com/skoda/

Totally agree about Rivervale. I took my Roomster to them as Sparshatts who I bought it from closed their Chichester branch.

They were always helpful and handled an under warantee replacement of the panoramic glass roof with no problem. I shall be taking the Yeti to them when it needs service.

Do they still valet the car whilst it's with them?

Fred