'99 bora key matching

TeflonTom

Hi folks maybe somebody can help me, I'm trying to match up the keys on a bora which I've bought cheap which had the keys missing, I got a second hand lock set from a bora which was also a 1999 car which came with the keys too.

I've extracted the pin from the instrument cluster no problems, I can log into the instrument cluster using the pin, but it won't let me code the key using adaption channel 21, just keeps returning a fault code saying incorrect key programming.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

It's an immobiliser 2 I think, I can't find anything that says that the transponders lock to the first vehicle to which they are programmed. Have you tried clearing all the old keys first?, programming in 0 as the number of new keys and then logging back in to program the replacements.

Had something similar on a 2001 model Octavia, after alot of messing around it turned out that the keys that were getting were for the previous immobiliser and wouldn't program.

Are you putting a 0 (nought) in front of of the SKC

Yes, put a 0 in from of the 4 digit pin number

It's an immobiliser 2 I think, I can't find anything that says that the transponders lock to the first vehicle to which they are programmed. Have you tried clearing all the old keys first?, programming in 0 as the number of new keys and then logging back in to program the replacements.

Had something similar on a 2001 model Octavia, after alot of messing around it turned out that the keys that were getting were for the previous immobiliser and wouldn't program.

It is definitely an immo 2 car going by the immo unit I'd number

I've been doing some digging about and it appears that only immo 3, 2001 onwards cars have keys which lock to the immo unit and cannot be reprogrammed. I've tried what you suggested already by putting a 0 in the number of keys to be programmed box

That only applies to immo 3 cars 2001 onwards...

Any who the penny has finally dropped here so to speak, sat there miserably watching crap tv this evening and the ole grey matter fired up.. It must have a separate Immo unit, it makes sense because I can see the immo Id number in the 'extra' field, I believe the coding procedure is different on cars with a separate immo box.. Is the login pin the same or do I need to extract the pin from the immo box too?

right i've sorted it out.. it appears that the key reader coil on the second hand ignition barrel doesn't work, i'm not entirely sure if you can remove them to swap them over or not but at least i've got it running now