Coil pack Recall mk1 Octy VRS

MRTLT

After hearing / reading about the coil pack recalls on most AUQ 1.8t engines I thought I'd see if mine needed doing and guess what they do, woohoo new free parts lol

My reg date is oct 2003

I have booked in with Essex Auto Group In Rayliegh Essex ( near Southend )

They were very helpfull and booked me a waiting appointment early on a Saturday which was also a massive bonus.

After hearing / reading about the coil pack recalls on most AUQ 1.8t engines I thought I'd see if mine needed doing and guess what they do, woohoo new free parts lol

My reg date is oct 2003

They were very helpfull and booked me a waiting appointment early on a Saturday which was also a massive bonus.

Hi mate,

where did you check this?

Many Thanks!

My reg date is oct 2003

I live in Rayleigh and hardly ever use Essex Auto Group anymore! They have only been doing Skoda for about 6 months, I only use them if I need parts and if I have the part number! (they have ordered me the wrong bits twice in the past with them looking them up!) I don’t know where you live in Essex but I now use Preston Garages in Writtle, they did my coil pack recall without me even mentioning it to them when I popped in just to order something else!

http://new.skoda-auto.com/gbr/findaretailer/Pages/Preston'sGaragesLTD.aspx

The staff are nicer and much more knowledgeable!

Essex Auto Group might have improved now as they have been doing it for a few months now?

I thought prestons closed? Mmmm I live Braintree so might be worth bearing them in mind if Essex Auto Group fail me.

I am a senior service advisor my self so I'll give them a shot still as they stemmed to be on the ball when I enquired!

Ps LEW-VRS locate your nearest main dealer and drop them a quick call have your reg and chassis number to hand and let them find out for you! There is a massive thread on here just search coil packs, I just thought is spread the knowledge a little more, one guy even wrote a thread 4 mins before me today saying his have just been done!

I checked mine with my closest Skoda garage between Chrimbo and new year and mine need doing also. Just got to find the time to get it booked in, which maybe easier said than done as my closest garage is over 20 miles away :thumbdown:

I thought prestons closed? Mmmm I live Braintree so might be worth bearing them in mind if Essex Auto Group fail me.

Nope still open, well they were a few weeks ago as I was up there lol :thumbup:

Nickbes, I went with Prestons in the end they came to bishop Stortford where I work collected recall done and returned by 2pm job done, there is an improvement in throttle response to which has put a big smile on my face as my vehicle appeared to be spot on but now it seems to be even better!

Well happy.

Nickbes, I went with Prestons in the end they came to bishop Stortford where I work collected recall done and returned by 2pm job done, there is an improvement in throttle response to which has put a big smile on my face as my vehicle appeared to be spot on but now it seems to be even better!

Well happy.

That's good to hear, I have used Prestons a couple of times and always been pleased with their service. Also it's good to hear the improvement in the car too :thumbup:

On one of the threads there are some warranty reference numbers you could quote, but don't be afraid to just ask as a dealership will still get paid by their warranty dept for doing the job!