Removing Boost Pipe From EGR To SMIC

Hello Peeps,

Nipped out to my local tescos and noticed and unwanted dump valve noise and what sounded like an air leak. Got home popped open the bonnet and it seems as if the pipe from the agr to the smic has come loose, smic nearest side.

My questions is how do I remove the pipe for a clean and refit?

Am rather baffled by the fittings ive checked the search button and no real results...or is it idiot prooof :rofl:

Many thanks for any support.

Regards

Rich

Edited by TorqueXIsXCheap

There is a metal clip with a slight hump in it which should be enuf just to put a small flat blade screw driver under and lift away from the pipe you will feel it slip and it will now be slightly raised from the pipe you should then be able to pull the pipe away. The metal clip (u shape) i just holding onto two grubs in the opposite pipe once the clip is slightly lifted this stops the u shaped clip holding these grubs.

Number 24 on that pic you pointed me to is the clip if that make it easier to understand how it works.

If there was a thank you tab i would give you some rep. Your a legend thanks buddy all connected back up. I know what you mean I think I would struggle to explain how to do it. Quiet a strange way of holding in pipework. It had worked its way so loose you could see the metal collar of the pipe. I reckon ill be looking for some hard metal replacment pipe work..

Regardless your a star huxley thanks a million :thumbup:

Your welcome dude.

As its a common thing for them joints to give way because of them grubs wearing down or breaking off you should make sure that they are still there and make sure they havent worn or broken away.