DRLs have been deactivated

marTTyn

For me I feel in some way (maybe a bit sad) they define the vRS as you can always tell a vrS Mk II by the DRL's.

Also they help in the garage by not having to put the headlights on :)

Each to there own, of course.

So today I decided I was going to switch off my DRLs.

I have not switched them off since the day i got the car about 6 months ago.

Anybody else sick of theirs yet?

I feel so much more sensible, I feel the need to share :giggle:

I tried it, to avoid the people telling you to turn the fog lights off... (A police car... Not that that has happened since.)

But as the side lights are in the same place I didnt think it would make any diffrence, So I leave them on now.

I'm not sure how you can get sick of them as you cant see them when driving? ;)

I wish sometimes I could turn them off when I had the headlights on. I've had numerous people sitting with their rear fog lights on trying to get me to turn them off and i've tried everything to show them their not fogs. Doesn't work.

1326220429[/url]' post='2640366']

I wish sometimes I could turn them off when I had the headlights on. I've had numerous people sitting with their rear fog lights on trying to get me to turn them off and i've tried everything to show them their not fogs. Doesn't work.

Mine go off automatically when headlights are switched on , not VRS though

Yeah the picture is just an effect, vector blurring rendered into a layer.

Its the horizon and sky that gives it away :( Ill get better though.

And yeah, tonight I was tempted to put the DRLs back on :x

I've been playing around with the same software too. It needs some time to master it but it is awesome when it works :):thumbup:

I have to say I have them on through choice as my car came with them turned off. I had my Octavia's lights on most of the time I was driving it mainly because I drive lots on dark and gloomy country roads but also having spent time over in Denmark in the middle of summer I was amazed how much more visible the DRLs made the cars there. I think for the gloomy winter days we been having they are a wonderful idea but I agree that they are a bit pointless on bright sunny days in the UK.

As for others trying to tell you to turn off the front foglights it's only every happened when I've also had the headlights on and as they are always on as sidelights in that case it won't solve that problem for me.

And I love the photo. If only my car looked so clean.

H

Edited by hfurbyvrs

Well ive had mine now for 8 months and i haven't been flashed once, just lucky i guess. I do however think people coming out of side roads see me earlier, no way to prove it and may well completely my imagination but it certainly feels that way so mine will definetly be staying on

Its most difficult to do the radial blur on wheels and streaks on reflections IMO...

Do you have any of yours to post?

Nope, not yet but soon I will - just making a small change to my car and I will setup a photo shoot with the sole purpose to play around with the software. As for the wheels and reflections I haven't gone that far yet but I would expect to be difficult to do with Photoshop tools.

All companies including Skoda when they make such pics they get an image of the scenery + road nice and empty and then they superimpose a 3D render of the car. All reflections are created with a bitmap within the 3D program making their life a lot easier plus they can angle the car any way they like. Some examples:

40378219306764745237114.jpg

40656220590704283509814.jpg

Especially the Monte shot really shows that the car doesn't belong there. Poor work in my opinion where as the Superb is great.

When I start playing around I will give you a shout to check out the work ;)

Mine go off automatically when headlights are switched on , not VRS though

Yeah... I get the odd flash of lights/blast of fog lights coming towards/rear fog lights going on in front of me kinda deal quite a lot. Bit annoying to be honest. No one ever does it during the day, only at night. I don't get it, they're not even that bright! They literally are side light brightness! Do you even get LED fog lights?