Variable Volume?

My BM radio has the volume linked to the speed of the car (louder as you go faster). Do any Skoda radios have this option? It would save no end of fiddling with the volume knob, especially as I'm always stopping to pick people up. Thanks in advance!

The Symphony unit in my Superb has the "Gala" feature (as has the Beta unit in my Transporter too), and to be honest its a waste of time in the Superb as the noise never gets that loud.

Cheers

Oh, I know it is there (on 5), tis just that I haven't noticed it working. Besides, the last thing I want is that my better half notices I'm speeding because the volume has turned up :D

The idea is that you're NOT supposed to notice the GALA system - it must be working well then - if the stereo appears to be at the same volume regardless of the increase in wind, road and engine noise caused by driving faster :)

Originally posted by elegance1.8T in this post

It automatically resets itself to level 5 every time you switch it off. On levels 8 and 9 you can really tell the difference, especially if you have to stop fairly quickly as it takes a few seconds to sort itself out!

I didn't think it resets itself, as I set it to 7 (which is a tad loud) and it seems to stay a tad loud. Will check to see what volume it is on this afternoon.

Damo

Does not reset - it is left at whatever value you put it at in the menu. The main thing that resets is the volume; if you have it set to start up at 12 then no matter what volume level you turn the car off at, it will always start up at 12.

HTH :)

Originally posted by panrix@work in this post

The main thing that resets is the volume; if you have it set to start up at 12 then no matter what volume level you turn the car off at, it will always start up at 12.

HTH :)

Thought that the volume would restart at what ever level you left it at when you switched off, UP TO but not more than the start up level ? i.e. if you set the start up at 12 then switched the car off at 6 it would restart at 6, but if you switched the car off at 18 it would only restart at 12 ! :)

Originally posted by greg2302 in this post

Thought that the volume would restart at what ever level you left it at when you switched off, UP TO but not more than the start up level ?

Yeah, it's a maximum start volume, which is very handy after it's

been in for a service... :rolleyes:

Rob.

It doesn't work. Take my advice, take it out and put something decent in like a Kenwood, Pioneer etc. Those that have done it I am sure will agree:D

I did and boy oh boy, the difference it makes:cheers:

Sad really but necessary.............:drive1: