think ive broke me door handle

T-1000

Drivers door handle was froze this morning so give it a good pull and now it won't open the door. Anyone know if this is a quick fix I can do myself as car is out of warrenty. Not sure if I want to attempt to remove the door card.myself

• 2 weeks later...

No mate took the lock out no joy took the door card off but you cannot get directly to the lock/mechanism. Mines booked in to the stealer next week not looking forward to the bill as the door is a full strip down ! You could try slamming the door hard its worked for others on a passat forum. Let us know how you get on.

Same porblem here. Had to visit local dealer and they fixed it under warranty (4 months old), but on the next day same problem again. We have in Estonia about -10C and I was the other day in hand-wash. Next week I've another term by dealer and they will change the cable. Had they same problem on my VW Passat (B6) and the Superb does have the same system.

had mine at dealers they say i need new door mecsnisam and handle i was a bit puzzed why it needed new door handle cost 270.00 pounds door still opens from inside and you can here the door mecanisim open and locking so i m puzzed but will have to bite bullet and get it done as my car is a taxi . :'(

Just picked mine back up from the dealer £111 to refix the cable. I was expecting worse they removed the door speaker to get access.

I got mine done under warranty, they changed the cable and oiled the lock.

I have also suffered the same fault after the recent frost, door would not stay shut at all, but managed eventually to get it to latch on, then could not open it from outside. Repaired by dealer under warranty (siad they realigned it?). Think I might push to get the cable changed. At the same time my Sat nav failed. Map comes up on screen but not showing where I am actually located. Guessed it was the GPS roof aerial and dealer confirmed it had failed. Awaiting new part which they say will take 2.5 hours as the roof lining has to be taken out.

Chinster

took mine to another skoda dealer for 2nd opion turns out it only neede cable so first dealer was telling lies .went bk to 1 st dealer today kicked up f c k now they are going to give me my next service free got a good mind to report them to skoda wonder how many other people they have ripped off . :thumbdown: