Deposit put on a Fabia vRS

WayneH

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I last posted on here. I used to own an black Octy vRS, which I bought brand new in January 2005 and sold about 18 months later to fund a house move. I was well impressed with it when I had it. Well, finally after a few years away from Skoda ownership I put a deposit on a Fabia vRS for the missus on Saturday. The Fabia vRS was a perfect choice for us as she does a 50 mile round trip commute to work each day but also wanted something that looked sporty and had plenty of go. We looked at three examples before settling on one. It is a 2006 on an 06 plate, with 69,000 miles on the clock and has had 2 owners from new. The bodywork and interior are immaculate and it drove perfectly from what I could tell on the test drive. The dealer we are buying it from, which is a Hyundai/Citroen franchise in Portsmouth is doing a cambelt change on it before we collect it but we are hoping to get it the weekend after next when my wife has some time off work.

I run an 1999 Mitsubishi Evo VI myself these days. Well, I do when the weather is good as I am currently driving a 1998 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0TS which I bought off eBay as a winter round around. I love the Evo and we regularly visit the 'Ring. The dealer is taking the Alfa in part exchange for the Fabia (for more than I paid for it!!) so once that has gone I will be using my wife's current car which is a 1997 Toyota Corolla G6 until the weather starts to get better and then that will be up for sale and the Evo will be coming back out.

Here are photos from the Autotrader advert:

skodafabiaoriginaladver.jpg

Edited by WayneH

Tidy. Any plans for modifications?

Thanks. :thumbup:

The missus has a shopping list for it already and we haven't even got it yet. First of all she wants some little bits and pieces for the interior like the pukka cup holders (she leaves for work at 5.45am some morning so like to take a coffee in the car for the drive), one of the rubber boot trays to protect the boot carpet which is like new and a funky tax disc holder of some kind. I have also heard lowering, black wheels and a remap mentioned but I am trying to ignore that for the moment ... :D

That looks immaculate.

It really is. Both the wife and I are very fussy when it comes to cars. We had a really good look over the bodywork and the only two minor things we could find was a small touch up needed with a touch up pen in the middle of the bottom of the rear bumper (you can make it out on the photo of the rear if you look really closely) and a slight bit of lacquer lifting on one of the pillars between the side windows. And the interior, well that was perfect. It has clearly been very well looked after.

It seems to be sitting soooo high lol

I'll make sure my wife doesn't see that, don't want to encourage her to lower it even more :D

Welcome back to Skoda ownership

Thanks. If this one turns out to be as good as my Octy was years ago I am sure we will have many miles of happy motoring in this one.