haynes manual

I would personally get the ElsaWin program from ebay instead. Covers repairs of any VW car, if you are willing to offer 15 quid and works perfectly on Windows 7. :-)

Hi does any one know if you can get a Haynes workshop manual for a mk 1 superb or does the Octavia one covrer it

Much better off getting the VW Passat 1998-2005 manual. 99.9% the same as the MK1 Superb. Only difference I've found is the wire colours on the wiring diagram.

i went to our local Wilcos to buy one of these and picked up the Passat 4297 issue (only £15 so thnought it was good value) but the Manager who served me queried my choice knowing that I have a Superb. He wasn't so sure that the Passt manual would cover it and actually phoned Haynes Customer Service - Haynes confirmed that they don't have a Superb manual - and aren't planning to - and agreed that the Passat issue would only be useful for the common engine. I was surprised as i thought the running gear would mostly be common too but apparently not. Happy to be challenged on this as i don't claim any expertise. Sorry this isn't a particularly helpful post.

If you have a 4 cyl Superb, Haynes 4297 covers it. Watch out for the usual lethal Haynes errors - the diesel cambelt change procedures mix up the early and late tensioners with no pictures of the latter. I suspect they edited the text when the later friction damped tensioner was introduced and didn't bother with any pictures. Every PD Superb I've ever seen has the later tensioner - but I could be wrong.

I bought this manual when I purchased a Superb but I've never found it to be useful - it didn't even show how the rear interior lights come out for bulb renewal. There's so much B5.5 information around on the Internet you don't really need a Haynes manual - one advantage of having a VAG vehicle. The American websites are easily the best - they have the intelligence and the guts to find out about, and sort out the design faults. Bear in mind that some engine/transmission variants were not offered in the USA.

rotodiesel.