vRS LPG

I currently own a Mk1 Fabia vRS and am looking to upgrade to an Octavia estate vRS hopefully later in the year.

With the current rumours that the EU are trying to increase duty on Diesel I am thinking maybe the petrol version would be a better buy and then get it converted to LPG.

I will be looking at facelift versions around 2009. So I have a few questions

1. Is it possible to LPG a Octy vRS and has anyone done it.

2. Is there much difference in power torque etc between the Diesel and Petrol versions.

3. If anyone has an LPG car has it caused any problems or has anything prematurly worn out because of it and have you noticed any power difference when running LPG.

Thats all for now, but I guess if it is possible to convert I will have a few more.

Thanks

There have been some threads on this in the past - do some searching.

IIRC someone tried it and ended up taking it off. It didn't work very well.

Diesel vRS has IIRC 350Nm, petrol less unless it's mapped in which case it will produce more than a stock diesel.

The petrol vRS will do high thirties mpg if you're careful which is very impressive given the

performance on offer. If that isn't enough then maybe the vRS isn't the right car for you?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but LPG tends to work better on a normally aspirated engine.

I knew someone who fitted LPG to a RenaultSport Megane, which has a 2.0T. Same result as mentioned - it was removed. Despite mapping adjustments the power delivery was very odd, with the LPG running.

Probably best to talk to a recommend LPG fitter and see what they have to say.