New Springs etc

As per a previous thread I have a few issues with the ride of my vRS, so I am considering changing the Shocks and springs.

I know there are a lot of threads regarding lowering etc but I dont want to lower the car I just want to firm it up a little.

Its a daily commuter so I dont want back shuddering harshness just something a little firmer.

So can anyone tell me if you can buy standard height springs just a little stiffer than standard or is it just a case of putting stiffer shocks in the original springs and that would firm it up.

Cheers

I think best option for you would be to use the eibach kit -25 (just springs) my friend has just fitted these and his car still looks like standard ride height and he reports it’s much firmer to drive now.

Or if you have more to spend go for coilovers and adjust them to standard ride height

As per a previous thread I have a few issues with the ride of my vRS, so I am considering changing the Shocks and springs.

I know there are a lot of threads regarding lowering etc but I dont want to lower the car I just want to firm it up a little.

Its a daily commuter so I dont want back shuddering harshness just something a little firmer.

So can anyone tell me if you can buy standard height springs just a little stiffer than standard or is it just a case of putting stiffer shocks in the original springs and that would firm it up.

Cheers

Really hard to say mate, ill be having coilovers fitted shortly am not looking for a "deck it on its ass" look. For the same reason its a daily driver. But it should improve the ride comfort and the handling a great deal.

I really couldnt see the point in keeping a standard ride height with a stiffer feel?

If your looking to firm up the ride, I assume your looking for improved handling? Really by reducing the ride height and the cars centre of gravity will improve it. If your looking for a good set up with an OEM look and ride. It might be worth looking at Pre Set Fixed Suspension aftermarket kits. DPM have loads.

Vogtland, Eibach Etc.....

That really would be the way to go buddy

firmer dampers will work wonders.....I have Koni FSD's on standard springs and they are way better than standard dampers (my car is not a vrs nor is it lowered).......so look for either OEM vrs springs too work with a set of frimer dampers (shorter)......or get Koni FSD's and eibach lowering springs for a non-vrs fabia....??????....... B)

Is the car high mileage? You might just find the shocks and springs& shocks might have gone past their best and buying brand new original units might solve your issue. My cars on Jom coilovers and dropped a fair bit but it's my daily drive where I cover anything from 30+ miles a day in it. I like the ride of the joms but can imagine they aren't for everyone, you feel the road under you, every dip bump etc all in a good way because your car feels planted and safe

Regards

Ben