Rear Bumper Protection Cover for new Fabia Estate

I'm getting a new Fabia Greenline II Estate, hopefully on March 1st.

Does anyone know if this Skoda brand rear bumper cover for the hatchback - FABIA HATCH REAR BUMPER PROTECTION COVER 2007-2011 ZGB5J2072200 - can be used on the Estate?

I can see that this site - http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=RBP245 - offers an after market one for estate - no idea of quality.

Car is standard spec - I will be fitting an aftermarket tow bar at some point.

Anyone have knowledge or experience?

TIA

Does anyone know if this Skoda brand rear bumper cover for the hatchback - FABIA HATCH REAR BUMPER PROTECTION COVER 2007-2011 ZGB5J2072200 - can be used on the Estate?

I can see that this site - http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=RBP245 - offers an after market one for estate - no idea of quality.

TIA

TIA

I got mine from SuperSkoda: http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/FABIA-II/Skoda-Fabia-II-Combi-ABS-plastic-rear-bumper-upper-skirt-protection-panel

Here is it fitted:

bumperlip.jpg

Be aware that some out there do not cover all of the top of the bumper.

And you do need one specific for the estate, unless you want a cheapo any car one that's just a rectangle of plastic.

Skoda do themselves do specific Hatch and Estate ones that are different.

I got mine from SuperSkoda: http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/FABIA-II/Skoda-Fabia-II-Combi-ABS-plastic-rear-bumper-upper-skirt-protection-panel

Here is it fitted:

bumperlip.jpg

Be aware that some out there do not cover all of the top of the bumper.

And you do need one specific for the estate, unless you want a cheapo any car one that's just a rectangle of plastic.

Skoda do themselves do specific Hatch and Estate ones that are different.

I like this one since the area covered is more than the Skoda one, just a pity not a UK source so delivery doubles the price to around €50.

Ah, your 32 and initials are FT

No.

It was to celebrate 10 years of business starting from scratch.

FT is the initials of the company and 32 was the turnover in 100k. (3.2 mill)

It was cheap when I saw it, so I got it.

And yes, people do think it's my initials and age. Then wonder why I spent more on the reg than the car (because they overestimate it's worth) and you get funny looks from Range Rover and Bently drivers than have forked out 10k++ for a two initial reg but you have the same on a Skoda Fabia Greenline. :giggle:

FT ones are conveniently cheap compared to many other 2 number/2 letter combos.

It cost me about 3k IIRC.

No.

It was to celebrate 10 years of business starting from scratch.

FT is the initials of the company and 32 was the turnover in 100k. (3.2 mill)

It was cheap when I saw it, so I got it.

And yes, people do think it's my initials and age. Then wonder why I spent more on the reg than the car (because they overestimate it's worth) and you get funny looks from Range Rover and Bently drivers than have forked out 10k++ for a two initial reg but you have the same on a Skoda Fabia Greenline. :giggle:

FT ones are conveniently cheap compared to many other 2 number/2 letter combos.

It cost me about 3k IIRC.

And people think I'm wealthy lol

And people think I'm wealthy lol

And others make the same assumption, which is why I don't generally discuss such things on a car forum

Turnover doesn't equal profit or wealth. :)

Just to say that Rearguards have now gone into production with a bumper protection cover for 2012 Skoda Fabia Estates - it's not yet on website - RBP533 - should get mine by end of week - £46.56 inc VAT & Del. Now I just have to wait till March to get car.

Just to say that Rearguards have now gone into production with a bumper protection cover for 2012 Skoda Fabia Estates - it's not yet on website - RBP533 - should get mine by end of week - £46.56 inc VAT & Del. Now I just have to wait till March to get car.

bugger wish i had waited instead of buying the genuine Skoda protector which doesn't actually protect much :doh: