Help Fabia monte carlo...

washdog

Hi .. members

At the moment I am driving a Kia pro ceed 1.6 cdri ( 113bhp ) . I am liking the look of the Fabia Monte Carlo ( Diesel ), just wanted to know a few points, I know they do a 75 bhp & 105 bhp is the 75 a bit under powered, what's the cost of servicing, and have Fabia's got any bad points..

Thank you for any help.... :wonder:

Edited by washdog

Hi, i have the 75 monte and personally i dont think its underpowered, others would say yes, but IMO plenty of umpf for a quick over take but runs out of steam at about 95mph... but who drives that fast anyway? not sur about servicing but if your buying one brand new then first 3 years servicing is free... also if you buy one thats a year old you will be able to gain access to the two years free servicing it has left. IMO its a very nice car and I love driving to work everyday in it :) If you do get one then just be careful of the Alloys! There Gray but one little scrape on them would look terrible! Oh also the front splitter is quite low, I have scraped it once but is has a scuff plate underneath so its all good.

Yes, the 75bhp 1.6 CR diesel is slow.

But if you don't intend to go anywhere fast it's not an issue.

0-62mph is quoted as 14 seconds, that's a whole 2 seconds behind the 1.2 3cyl diesel Greenline! :o

I would be concerned that long term the gutless performance could become a bit tiring.

IMO it's more suited to just pottering about town or for people that are never in a rush. Ever.

The 105bhp by comparison is a completely different animal.

10.9 seconds to 62mph is significantly quicker and also backs up the Monte Carlo looks.

Coming down from a 113bhp Kia I think you'll notice the difference in performance. Definitely get a test drive first.

Not sure where the FREE 3 year service comes about ..unless you take out a finance deal for a minimum of £2k over 3 years they offer Free 3 year service but you do pay 7.9% apr so hardly free .I think based on a petrol 1.2 you possibly save approx £60 over the period.

This may be a bit late but ref: Service Costs.

These are approximate and are based on London prices.

1st Year - £120 ish

2nd Year - £200 ish

3rd Year - £160 ish

As mentioned in a couple of posts, going from a 113 BHP Kia to a 75 BHP Fabia may take some getting used to but the 105 BHP will feel lively.

Hope these prices help, but they are only rough guidelines.

I've just got back from driving a 90. (I would live sport seats but the Mrs won't) and it wasn't anything like as quick as my civic. Okay it's a 2.2 but only 137 horsies so I would say you'll definitely notice the lack if go in the 75ps compared with the current motor.

Not from an iPhone