not long left to wait

Afternoon all. Been on the phone with Miltek this morning and my cars booked in for February the 13th so they can test fit and finalize their Turbo back exhaust system. Ill pick the car up the 17th so will give a good review and videos then. This also means I'll have a spare straight through center section for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Train ticket to derby booked for the morning.

Will be picking up around the 2pm mark so will give a good write up in the evening.

Had a quick chat tonight with Charlie and was not as straight forward as first thought. Down pipe is same as the polo but the cat back is different. The back box is a completely different design to the polo one so will see how different the sound is.

Watch this space.

For those that havent seen it on vagoc here is my review

Well its finally here and wowza. What a lovely bit of kit it is. Obviously people will say I'm biased as i have this but i will try to stay as objective as possible. And if there's anything you guys feel I've missed let me know. I'm currently running an Itg induction kit, bkr8iex plugs, forge recirc kit and milltek Turbo back exhaust.

Looks

From the rear it looks lovely. The twin outlet fills the hole in the bumper really nicely. For me they are just the right size. Not so big it looks boy racerish but big enough for someone to realise there's something a little bit special under the car. The Milltek stamp is a nice little touch on the top of the pipes aswell.

again from inside the engine bay unless you knew what you was looking at you probably wouldn't realise its a performance down pipe. The cat looks a fair bit smaller aswell due to the OEM one having a big casing on it.

Will see what its like from underneath when i get sent the pics.

Sound

As soon as i turned the key a smile appeared like a little kid. The exhaust has a deeper growl than the OEM and the desilenced OEM. Driving normally its no louder than standard just a deeper tone. On the motorway and steady speed driving its quieter than the desilenced OEM until you put your foot down around the 3k revs mark and it does get louder but on the whole definitely not droney as some big bore exhausts are at cruising speed.

HOWEVER using this car as it should the exhaust comes alive. From standstill up to 2.5k it has a nice growl then up to 3.5k it increases in volume but once you hit 4k it gets less growly and more wooshy (technical term). Had to described but still sounds bloody nice. Ill put up a video soon so you can see. I also see another chap from on here in a vrs so hopefully he can say what its like from outside the car.

Performance

the car is most definitely quicker. Had a few runs against other cars i know and definitely pull away more now. Not much has changed low down but it definitely pulls harder from 4k. Before i found it quite smooth all the way through the rev range but it drives like a normal Turbo as in when it gets to 4k it pulls harder. Not direct performance but the engine bay certainly seems alot cooler than before which is always good. Will see more benefit when it is mapped obviously.

Service.

outstanding. Can't fault the guys at milltek. After a few problems with the back box being different the still managed a cracking job in 3 days. Definitely will be going back in the future with other cars and can't recommend them highly enough.

Price

The price hasn't been confirmed yet but i expect it to be £1200+ as the down pipe alone for the Ibiza is nearly 700. The details should be up on Wednesday on the milltek site.

Thanks for reading and any other questions ask away

James

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good.

Where would Skoda UK stand on honouring warranty issues? The latest copy of EVO has a report where long-term Ferrari 458 warranty was completely invalidated by fitting non-standard brakes!