Gone over to the darkside, or should I say the greenside.

Sorry guys I have not got Fabia greenline,but I have roomster 1.2 tdi cr which I believe is same engine as greenline without stop/start.Recently I completed a trip of 336 miles mostly on motorway with cruise on, set at 73 mls p/h. Also a bit of traffic stop go, nearer city,used 6.85 gallons =48.99 mpg. Is this good or bad? Used brim to brim method for checking

Im not sure what the manufacturer mpg figures are for the greenline roomster, I read its somewhere around mid to high 60's?

If so thats around 15-20 mpg less than the fabia (manufacturer figures wise), presumably because its more like a small van (higher wind resistance and possibly higher weight) and not a small to mid-sized car.

I also read somewhere that the stop/start can account for up to 7-9 mpg.

Accounting for that and the extra speed, I dont think youve done too bad.

I find mine has the best mpg figures around 1500-2000rpm in 5th at speeds of around 55-65, anything higher and the figures seem to drop as the little engine seems to drink more to keep up, but then I'm quite happy sat at that speed as I dont need to be anywhere in a rush and dont care if trucks overtake me lol ;)

To be it just seems that over 65 the speed gains are negligible for the amount of extra fuel used.