octavia vrs loss of power

Hi

I have just bought an Octavia VRS on a 51 plate. I was driving yesterday when the red oil light beeped and flashed on the dash board. I accelerated and then it went off. I checked the oil it is just over the maximum on the dipstick. Since this happened the car loses power when I am driving. It happens in any gear at between 1500-2000 rpm. I take my foot off the accelerator and then back on again and that cures the problem til it happens again. I took it to the garage but they are unable to look at it til friday. The oil light has not flashed or beeped since. Is it safe for me to carry on driving?

Any idea what the cause of this may be? Could it be there is too much oil in there? But there isn't any smoke?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by MO_Shaf

Hi

I have just bought an Octavia VRS on a 51 plate. I was driving yesterday when the red oil light beeped and flashed on the dash board. I accelerated and then it went off. I checked the oil it is just over the maximum on the dipstick. Since this happened the car loses power when I am driving. It happens in any gear at between 1500-2000 rpm. I take my foot off the accelerator and then back on again and that cures the problem til it happens again. I took it to the garage but they are unable to look at it til friday. The oil light has not flashed or beeped since. Is it safe for me to carry on driving?

Any idea what the cause of this may be? Could it be there is too much oil in there? But there isn't any smoke?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

it looks like when turbo fail to start. variable thing in turbo? or better air flow sensor

Edited by martin7709

I wouldn't drive it if I were you and pray its not knackered. The 1.8T can suffer from problems with the oil pickup so the dipstick still shows there is oil in the sump but the oil is not getting to the top end. For that reason if you get a red oil light you should really stop straightaway, engine off and get it recovered to a garage. Fingers crossed its not run the top end dry of oil.

it looks like when turbo fail to start. variable thing in turbo? or better air flow sensor

maybe best you dont try answering q's like this as you really havent helped the op and clearly not technical !!! lol

I wouldn't drive it if I were you and pray its not knackered. The 1.8T can suffer from problems with the oil pickup so the dipstick still shows there is oil in the sump but the oil is not getting to the top end. For that reason if you get a red oil light you should really stop straightaway, engine off and get it recovered to a garage. Fingers crossed its not run the top end dry of oil.

as above sounds very much like the oil pickup is blocked lets hope you havent just buggerd the engine !!!! oil lights flashing red or any colour stop and call the aa if your not technical its telling you there is an issue its not been put there for show !!!

maybe best you dont try answering q's like this as you really havent helped the op and clearly not technical !!! lol

as above sounds very much like the oil pickup is blocked lets hope you havent just buggerd the engine !!!! oil lights flashing red or any colour stop and call the aa if your not technical its telling you there is an issue its not been put there for show !!!

i had this problem with my petrol octy before and it cost me new turbo and a flow sensor. but he should see garrage

Flashing and beeping red light so you accelerated?

Sorry to be blunt but you're in no fit state to own a car or furry animals, think you would be better off taking the bus and maybe just maybe once in a while a push bike.

Flashing, beeping and illuminated lights are there for a reason, doesn't take a genius to realise something is wrong if they come on, if you're very lucky there is no damage to the engine, but I won't be surprised if the top of your engine is scrap.