03 Ambiente - opening questions

Hi all

Just got my Skoda Octavia last week '03 plate - with genuine 38k on clock!

It is a 1.6 SR petrol model...silver Ambiente model.

A few opening questions as i am not sure where to start to look...

1. I have done full service and oil change but getting "cream" on my oil cap - how can i fix this please?

> looked at posts, alot of them refer to VRS model - is 1.6 same setup?

> should i change all breather pipes? (any ideas as to where i can get these from?)

2. Car was missing all three rear headrests - can i use bora ones (checking on ebay)?

3. How do i get my car to improve the mpg whilst on the motorway?

mpg consumption goes to mid 30's once on motorway which is very low i think...i thought mid 40s should have been better?

I am not very technical/mechanical - can do basics - so bear with me please :)

Thanks

Riz

With the low mileage it sounds like your car has just been used for short local trips, not letting the car get up to temperate properly, this can cause the mayo you've described, otherwise it could be the head gasket if its using water. All the breather pipes could do with clearing out. My mates fiesta was well blocked up with the stuff