Octavia Roof Bars

Hi,

I have just got a new Octavia Hatchback (2012)and need to get roof bars to it.

I have existing Thule bars so will probably go for a Thule system and use some existing parts.

The recommended Thule parts I need are as follows:

Foot Pack 754

Fitting Kit 1594

Bars 769

Can somebody confim that these items fit OK?

Many thanks

Welcome to Briskoda :thumbup:

If you type 'roof bars' into the search bar at the top right you should get plenty of results.

Most of the threads relate to the estate which already has the roof rails however I found this one:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/197285-best-octavia-roof-rack/page__p__2345229__hl__roof+bars__fromsearch__1#entry2345229

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the greeting and link to the roof bar thread. From this one chap (JRW) said he had Thule bars fitted to 2010 Octavia HB (and included a photograph) and all was OK so have decided to go for the Thule roof bars.

Thanks for the greeting and link to the roof bar thread. From this one chap (JRW) said he had Thule bars fitted to 2010 Octavia HB (and included a photograph) and all was OK so have decided to go for the Thule roof bars.

That'll be me but can't for the life of me remember the adaptor numbers or foot pack numbers. I will have a look for the box and let you know as i had a nightmare finding the correct numbers, probably due to me having a recently release facelift model at the time. I don't think from memory that the pre FL and the FL feet are compatible.

Just checked and i have the 1594 adaptor kit so you are correct with what you have listed! :thumbup:

the 769 bars are the solid square ones, not the aero ones. They seem to have changed the aero ones from the ones i have now but bear it in mind if you will wanting to carry bikes and other accessories that require the T-track. I would imagine that the square ones will be noisy too.

another edit - these are the ones i have http://www.thule.com/en/GB/Products/Base-Racks/LoadBars/Thule-Aero-Bar-860_-_863,-869 The 869 is what you want.

Edited by jrw

Thanks for the comments. I am more concerned about the foot pack and the adaptor kit fittng the car. I believe these parts are the same whether the bars are aero or square. So from what I gather, for you the thule parts in contact with the car fit OK?

Hi,

I have just got a new Octavia Hatchback (2012)and need to get roof bars to it.

I have existing Thule bars so will probably go for a Thule system and use some existing parts.

The recommended Thule parts I need are as follows:

Foot Pack 754

Fitting Kit 1594

Bars 769

Can somebody confim that these items fit OK?

Many thanks

This is exactly what you'll need. I have this on my car. Also 750 feet will do too.

Mark

I got the 745 foot pack with the 1594 fitting kit and used my existing 761 bars and all fitted fine. My concern was raised because i tried to use my existing 750 foot pack which I had been told should be OK. I found with 750 foot pack the attachment pieces to the car were not sitting nice and tight to the car and I was not able to shut the doors.