Memory Card Problem

rick_j

Hello,

I've just bought a 32G class 10 memory card and filled it to the brim with all my music in MP3 format, with folders indexed by artist name A - Z.

I've noticed that my Bolero reads the card but some folders are missing. For example it read all my folders down to "U" then I noticed that everything after this was missing.

So I did some re-organising of folders and same thing results, I'm missing another set of folders.

I've consulted the Bolero manual and it doesn't really give a lot of detail regarding memory cards except to say that folder structure cannot be more than 8 levels deep (which mine isn't, max 3 levels deep).

So I'm thinking there is a maximum limit on the number of folders? Something in the manual about maximum 1000 something, looks like a printing mistake because it has the degrees symbol after it, I wondered if it meant 1000 folders?

I could dump all the songs into the root directory but that would completely destroy my filing system and be a nightmare to find anything.

Anybody have any ideas on this please?

Cheers - Rick.

OK, so after doing some digging on the forums it appears that there is a 2000 file limit which I think is causing the issue. Shame, because I reckon that only accounts for half the capacity of the card!

Rick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...