top boost hose replacement

Kraig

had a search before anyone starts moaning ;)

and all I've found is old threads from 2009

is anyone still making a metal top boost pipe to replace the horribly gash standard plastic one that leaks like fook

any comments pointing me in the right direction would be great

cheers

Look at dpm performance.

Over £200 for a silicone hose! You could take your own to a zorst place and get them to duplicate it in one piece of steel for less than that.

Or buy a a pre-made bend and a couple of silicone joiners...

J

Or buy a a pre-made bend and a couple of silicone joiners...

J

I've just done this - 90 degree silicone reducer from egr delete, 51mm diameter 45 degree metal pipe, and 45 degree silicone to join to the rest of the forge FMIC pipe kit. Cost £35 :)

sounds good mate have you got any pictures for some inspiration?

I'm getting an intercooler next payday and want to replace all the oem pipes which really are shocking

Having problems uploading the pics mate, but basically looks exactly like Sy.'s on this thread http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/225613-divot-top-boost-pipe-other-options/page__fromsearch__1 (minus the nipple for the water meth)

From the EGR delete I used a 90 degree reducer hose from 63mm down to 51mm, then the metal pipe is the 45 degree 51mm pipe, then the bottom silicone hose is 45 degree 51mm hose that joins to the forge FMIC pipework kit :) all were sourced from ASH on ebay for about £35

• 1 year later...

Old post I know, but I destoroyed the silicone pipe I had when the engine mount went and just had a proper look and its cut it!

This seems a cost effective (and no difference in performance) way.

Quick search and I seeing the 90 degree elbows for about £15...

However could anyone confirm the metal pipe I need? aka a link to one to purchase!?

In fact as Brisky is awesome, anyone that can find the top silicone for cheaper than £15.36 or whatever I found it.