SD Card takes 4mins to load!

The Bolero radio on my 2009 Octavia 1.4TSI takes over 4 minutes to load a 4GB SDHC card with only 250 songs on it.

I have read elsewhere on here that some people do experience a period of time waiting for theirs to load but surely not as long as this.

1. Will a firmware update cure this problem?

2. If it takes a Skoda dealer about 45 minutes to install the update, does that cost me 45mins at Skoda rates?

3. My car has been serviced by a main dealer three times in the last two years (by the prevoius owner), why was the firmware not updated as a matter of course?

4. I don't have the gear selected indication on my display which I believe is also a firmware issue

5. I have tried the holding down the setup button and select FM tip to try and find out what issue firmware I have but that method would not work on my system.

Any help would be gratefully received.

My Bolaro must be updated. With an 8GB SDHC card with over 100 albums on, it loads in a few seconds. :happy:

If yours is a 2012 car as per your info, it will have a Bolero made by Delphi, which looks the same but is completely different to the earlier units. I can't remember who made the earlier ones (Continental?) but the firmwares are different as the units are completely different. Try loading 2000 songs on to SD on yours, it will only see the first 1000 or so, whereas the earlier units will see about 2000.