My Colombus has died!

Slugman

Been experiencing an intermittent issue with the Colombus in my Superb. Basically, it fails to switch on, no sound, just a white screen which then goes black and then slowly becomes white again. It'll keep this cycle up for hours.

Took it into the dealers today who tell me I need a new one. Glad it's still under warranty, but no indication from them as to what's gone wrong.

Booked in for a replacement on Monday. Doe anyone know if the replacement is likely to come with the new firmware/map versions, including 7 digit postcode navigation? Would be great if it does.

Cheers.

Andy

IMG-20120220-00259.jpg

• Like 1

Been there , done that. new replacement is the order of the day., With any luck you will get one with the latest firmware as I did.

there are going to be a lot of sad folk with out of warranty cars in the near future as their units fail and need replacing. I have had two Skoda's with Columbus fitted and both have had to be replaced. The first due to poor sound quality and the second with exactly the same problem as yours.

Our one died 10 days out of Warranty. You can read the whole horrible story elsewhere on this board.

Our failed in exactly the same way that your did, except that the screen was grey and stayed grey.

Skoda UK eventually paid for a new unit. We we got was a brand new unit, latest version HW, Latest version FW and Latest version Maps.

For those people whose warranty is going to expire soon please note:

A) The "paid for" Skoda Warranty does NOT cover the Sat Nav, whatever you dealer might tell you.

B) Warranty Direct WILL cover your Sat Nav.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, that went well(ish).

Turned up at the dealers one morning to get it swapped out for the new one, only to be told that they didn't have a CD with the maps/firmware on. Cue another trip to the dealers :-(.

Eventually got the unit replaced and the good news is that they installed the 7 digit postcode firmware, which is great.

The bad news is that:

i) the navigation info no longer appears in the maxidot screen between the speedo and rev counter, and

ii) I can no longer change radio stations using the up and down buttons on the left hand side of the steering wheel.

Does anyone know if the above are things I'm going to have to sacrifice in lieu of the newer firmware?

Thanks

Andy

Sounds to me like another trip to the dealers! - This aint right and is a step backwards - something aint connected somewhere or it aint programmed up right...

Al.

i am still trying to have mine replaced its the same as yours three weeks now and four visits and counting wish me luck.i am beginning to think there is a problem with the Columbus units.

bill

Hi All,

i also had my Colubus unit replaced under warranty as it was doing something similar. they also replaced the bluetooth module. i still have the following problem, does it sound familiar to anyone. While listening to the radio with my iphone 4 connected via bluetooth i will intermittantly get the following message appearing on the head unit "bluetooth-media" for no reason, this will be accompanied by a muting of the radio. to remedy the situation you then have to selct the radio button on the head unit. Its currently with the dealer trying to find a solution any help would be appreciated.