What Tyres to go for?

Iv had my 17" spiders refurbished, now I'm torn between two brands of Tyres, what do people recommend going for or experiences with Tyres?

205 40 17 Yokohama parada spec 2s or 205 4017 Toyo proxes T1R.

I know they are both quite a soft tyre. Any input welcome.

I must admit I am swaying towards the Yokohamas as I had Toyos on my old Ibiza Cupra, but obviously they will be different on a Skoda Fabia. Cheapest I can find is on EBay 4x Yokohama spec 2s £295 delivered which is pretty good to be fair.

heard alot of good things about rainsport 2's.......bought some for the wife's car but haven't driven it since.

also, camskill have the T1R's at £65 inc vat at the moment which is a cracking price imo.

heard alot of good things about rainsport 2's.......bought some for the wife's car but haven't driven it since.

Friend of mine has Uniroyal Rainsport 2s and swears by them. For my car I put that on my shortlist along with Vredestein Sportrac3 and the T1Rs, in the end I went for the Vredis and I've no regrets.

im running vredesteins, not cheap but very very good tyre.

Can't comment on wear but I've had them on since the Summer and they're a damn good tyre imo. Wrote a bit about the Vredi's a few weeks ago at http://www.briskoda....ost__p__2690165 Paid about £85 a corner I think, only a fiver between those, the Proxes and the Rainsports.

Out of the Toyo and Yoko, I'd have the Toyo because I believe it'll be better in the wet, but I've read the Toyo is not good in damp conditions, (although fine in the wet). Can't claim to know much about the Yokos though.

Edited by ckyliu

Rainsports are excellent also i`v found. I really thought the toyo`s were awful in all weather tbh, the ONLY time they were better than the prada`s was in full standing water (i`m guessing due to the tread style on the yoko`s), but apart from that i`d say the prada`s were better every time, even in the damp. Also heard good things about vredesteins too, might give them a whirl next time.