1.6Tdi CR- potential remap by AmD Tuning

veloplus

I've been investigating remapping my 1.6Tdi Greenline and recently emailed AmD who replied with the following helpful email:-

Good Morning,

Thank you for your enquiry ref your Superb.

Due to the 1.6 TDi being a relatively new model we can only remap some of them. The problem is it will depend on the software coding of the ECU. It is more than likely that it will be fine to do but I would rather pre-warn you just incase we can’t do the remap. The only way we will know 100% is when the car is here.

The remap would gain around 30bhp and 40lbft of torque. The price for this car is £399.95 inc vat

The car would be much quicker through the whole rev range, better throttle response and improved all round drivability. Not only will the car be much quicker but when driving around normally they will also gain better mpg due to the added torque. Obviously the mpg gain will differ depending on your driving style and driving conditions.

The remap also includes a road test with data logging to start with to make sure the car is performing as it should and there are no problems. We then carry out a before rolling road run to test standard power. The cars are then mapped on the road as well as the dyno to suit your cars. After this we finish with a final rolling road run so you have a print out of before and after power.

If we are able to carry up this upgrade the process would take about 4-5 hours to complete.

Hope this helps but if you do have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Regards

Ben (Sales & Internet)

AmD Tuning(Essex)Ltd.

I'm considering taking the plunge, but in the meantime, I have asked Ben at AmD whether they'd be interested in offering a Briskoda group discount for remapping of all 1.6Tdi engined Skodas. AmD currently advertise a remap for the 74bhp Fabia 1.6Tdi, but nothing official for the Octy, Yeti or Superb.

• 1 month later...

Even if they don't brake the code it is possible to do it anyway - you just need good tuning company that knows how to open ecu, reprogram it directly and seal it back.