replacing Symphony with Tape player with DAB

Hi all

I've finally decided to replace my Symphony tape system with a JVC KD-DB42 unit as i've had enough of listening to FM and cd's and got myself listening to 6Music at home so thought i'd do the same in the car!

The first problem i've encoutered is how to get the old unit out! It has the 2 thin slots under the AIM & TP buttons.

Also, has anyone had any experience of fitting a DAB system with the usb etc? I really don't want to lose the control functions on the steering wheel and i'd prefer not to part with £50+ to have it fitted (but i can see me having to do this!)

Any help would be very gratefully received!

http://www.dynamicso...or-p-34488.html

Or you will get a flat battery.

You can try the link above but it looks like a scam site at that price, the one I linked I know does deliver, your choice but there are many net scams undercutting the price that you never receive anything, check it through for a contact address, if there isn't one it's generally a scam, could be that the car isn't popular and they are clearing stock, compare units, if they have say a Sony DVD for £200 less than anyone else, it's probably a scam.

Edited by Supurbia

• 1 month later...

hi

i;ve had the jvc db42 fitted and got the Halfords fitter to redo the aerial as he had put it horizontally instead of vertically and it worked brilliantly for 2 days and then nothing i have the HAL 1 type aerial).

All i get is No Signal for all dab channels, but for the 2 days ot worked i had plenty to listen to and no drop out.

Has anyone got any ideas as to why this is please?

thanks