Control System for Exhaust gasses

Hi Folks

I have a Elegance 2.0 140BHP PDi turbo Est 06 plate.

I've just had the amber warning light come on my panel to tell me that there is a fault exists in an " Exhaust Relevant component"

Have driven it home gently as required in the owners handbook but can't get into a garage till late next week.

can anyone tell me what is the known causes of this fault warning which I read is part of the engine management system.

More importantly. what harm may be done if i drive it any further ?

Would be grateful for any info on those that have shared this problem in the past.

Cheers

Exhaust pressure sensor's knackered. Had two replaced on previous Octy's. The car will eventually go into limp mode but is still driveable but has less power. Should be ok to drive until you can get it fixed. Hope it's under a warranty otherwise could be an expensive fix.

• 4 weeks later...

Surely the OP's car, being a PD140 Elegance, wouldn't have a DPF and thus wouldn't have an exhaust pressure sensor either?

Isn't the "Exhaust Relevant component" message a generic warning that means your MIL (or glowplug light on these) has come on and needs the codes read to establish exactly what the fault is?