Replacing broken wiring pins

Hi guys,

I need to replace part of the wiring loom in the A-pillar. On the pass through plate in the door joint, one of the pins has corroded off and has knackered the central locking on the drivers door. I have managed to dig out the pass through plate (also needs replacing after I butchered it) and have found the corroded pin but I now need to find the best way of replacing the pins.

I can buy each individual wire and pin for £2.50+VAT, then buy the block etc from skoda but if I was the replace the whole block i am looking at over £25 and 45mins drive to get to my closest Skoda dealership. With space at a massive premium i would then have to splice 6 wires together and find a way of feeding it back through the A-Pillars.

The easiest (and cheapest solution) is to just replace the single pin.

Does anyone know how I go about removing the (broken) pin from the connector block?

Is there an ‘’easy’’ way of doing it, or a tool that makes it easier?

Cheers guys :)

post-58525-0-77335800-1331291872_thumb.jpg

post-58525-0-68089400-1331291895_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

I need to replace part of the wiring loom in the A-pillar. On the pass through plate in the door joint, one of the pins has corroded off and has knackered the central locking on the drivers door. I have managed to dig out the pass through plate (also needs replacing after I butchered it) and have found the corroded pin but I now need to find the best way of replacing the pins.

I can buy each individual wire and pin for £2.50+VAT, then buy the block etc from skoda but if I was the replace the whole block i am looking at over £25 and 45mins drive to get to my closest Skoda dealership. With space at a massive premium i would then have to splice 6 wires together and find a way of feeding it back through the A-Pillars.

The easiest (and cheapest solution) is to just replace the single pin.

Does anyone know how I go about removing the (broken) pin from the connector block?

Is there an ‘’easy’’ way of doing it, or a tool that makes it easier?

Cheers guys :)

Use a scoosh of wd40 leave it for a while then get some tweezers, both the male and female pins should have a small barb on them press this in and pull or push them out the other side