VRS SE - Test drive, sloppy gearchange...

Hi,

Took a lowish (40 odd K) miles VRS SE out for a drive today. Have driven them before (albeit briefly) and this example seemed to have a a "loose" gearchange feel going into first. It didn't miss any gearchanges, didn't seem to be any noises or anything, just didn't feel as crisp as moving the stick right of neutral. Also the steering seemed to want to pull to the left, although it didn't actually do it - just wondered if this was a "characteristic" or maybe it was torque steer or maybe even the road camber

Service history was from the local skoda dealer, but not details of the work done. It's an 07 so I'm guessing it would have had the cambelt service?

It had a couple of advisories on it's 2nd last MOT, suspension bushes wearing I think - Don't know if these would have been addressed.

Otherwise it was in good condition. leather was clean and no rips or wear. No stonechips on the bonnet, a few minor-ish scuffs on the annoys but nothing too serious.... Checked for damp carpets in the rear too - seemed dry (for now!).

It's up for a good price, would have a 6 month RAC warranty - I just had some concerns about the things mentioned...

How much would the cambelt service / suspension checks changes be (ballpark figure?).

Can't help with it all but my SE pulls to the left slightly too, think I read that's a fabia trait.

Gear stick is loose in 1st, 2nd and 3rd but still perfectly smooth gear change, rest of gears arent loose.

That's as much as I can answer :-) hope helps

I've got a SE as well and mine pulls slightly best bet would be to get the tracking done

The gear selector problem...if it's loose moving the gear stick then there's a small tension spring under the gear gaitor they are common for snapping.

It's £56 from skoda as you have to buy the whole linkage

But your best bet would be a scrap yard

As for the cambelt just because its a 07 and has a service history doesnt mean it would have had the cambelt done I would go to the skoda dealer the cars been serviced at and ask them to check there records.

Skoda are doing a offer just now for cambelt £250 all in

And the bushes I'd visbly check them if there knackered I would replace them with cupra bushes.

Hope this helps :)