Flexi Down pipe for 2001 Octavia 1.8 turbo 4x4

Hello all,

I have been quoted silly money for replacing the front end and cat of my old octi, yet it has passed its emissions test and its only the fexi pipe which is split. Hoping I can fit a new down pipe myself. Is anyone able to provide a part number for me?

Think it is this? http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/Products.aspx?ProductID=384741&VehicleID=289069

Will I need exhaust paste/sealant?

Thanks

HR

That's really cheap, i needed a back box and couldn't find an aftermarket one on its own. Had a stainless one made up with centre silencer for £300. There are other downpipes on Ebay but not at that kind of price. If you click on the downpipe in your link you can see the gaskets needed. Expect to fight with the downpipe to turbo bolts, and if they are anything like, mine the bolts onto the cat will hardly be recogniseable as bolts and nuts!

Edited by dcr