Jumbo Box Side Trim

Expatman

Anyone know if it is easy to remove the "carpet" trim from the passenger side of the jumbo box? I want to run an aerial lead into the jumbo box and it looks like if I removed the side trim I could drill a small hole through the inner surface of the jumbo box, run the cable up the side of the uncovered side and through the hole and then replace the 'carpet' trim to cover everything up.

Any help appreciated.

Assuming you are referring to the trim in the front passenger footwell, I covered this here .

The side panel just pulls off. It takes a bit of a tug, so start at the bottom by putting your fingers up behind it & pull towards you. The handbrake end is tucked behind the centre console trim near the handbrake, as is the top edge all the way forward. When refitting, you'll see that there are two (or three) spring clips that locate in the centre console, plus a big industrial strength velco type pad to keep it in place. Make sure you tuck the top & ends back behind the console as you go.

Having said that, take care whilst drilling inside here, there are heater ducts and various bits of wiring loom hidden inside too, as well as the gear linkage. You don't want to drill into anything that matters!

Edited by speedsport

I'm guessing it comes off in a similar way, but I've not found out for sure yet! And (like you I guess) I've not had the confidence to be too forceful with it yet.

Sorry!

John H

I drilled a hole in the floor of the box(carefully), then with a piece of stiff wire gently pushed downwards, the wire end appeared at the lower edge of the panel -my reason, to mount a a double lighter socket in the box - my hole was in the front n/s corner - it worked a treat!!!

The tail was then fed up under the carpeted side panel to s point adjacent the fag lighter socket fed up thro the lighter socket hole and soldered to the feed of the central socket. This gives in excess of 1.5amps - used to recharge r/c transmitter boxes

Tony