Clutch starting to slip :(

Hi,

after 87k my trusty vrs has started to show her age it has been remapped for 10k by jabba and am sure its down to the amount of previous owners and age than the map as its much more clutch friendly than the standard map! noticed it today so my question is what do people recommend for my next clutch i plan or would like to go hybrid next year but dont want mega figures just a good 200bhp more drivability recommendations please and does any one have a rough price of fitment? any help and recomendations thanks in advance

Same here mate, noticed it slipping today, mine was remapped earlier this year, anybody got any advice ? Should I go standard or splash out on an updated one. I am not planning on upgrading my turbo or anything else.

Cheers Matt, will start pricing up now, Europarts have a few different ones various prices, what is the difference?

You can run 200bhp with a torque friendly map no worries! I ran 200 bhp on standard clutch for ages with out issue!

In my opinion the cost of updated clutch etc isn't worth it, if you want 200bhp + then buy a car that was designed to handle that sort of power

Cheers Matt, will start pricing up now, Europarts have a few different ones various prices, what is the difference?

Not too sure tbh. Maybe they are for different model fabia`s? Check with them, they are pretty helpful.

In my opinion the cost of updated clutch etc isn't worth it, if you want 200bhp + then buy a car that was designed to handle that sort of power

I disagree, a bit of light tuning is good value for money IMO, 220bhp in a fabia is great fun with lots of usable power for driving on the road. Add 50mpg, cheap tax fuel and insurance and its a pretty decent all round package.

• Like 1

I totally agree that light tuning is great fun and can give a good bang for your buck, I ran my fabia to 195 bhp, I upgraded parts as they failed, but it soon became expensive.

The problem comes that to make 220 bhp really usable you need, fmic, brakes, clutch, suspension, smf, hybrid turbo, intakes, erg delete and LSD to make the most of it, then the boost pipes pop off meaning changing them too. I found its only as good as the next weakest link and it can become a money pot!!

I enjoyed modding my car when I had it, but now I have sold it and owned some purpose built machines they are better in every way and make more financial sense to me.

Obviously just my opinion and thoughts chaps

• Like 1

Yeah, I can see what your saying. The best value point in turning just a decent map to smooth out the power, £250 and it totally changes the car drives. Past this I guess its down to what you want from a car. Because of its age and miles mine has kinda become a toy/plaything, we have another car which is a bit more practical and quicker out the box, still rate the fabia for fun factor though!

I think it really boils down to what you want from your fabia, if it's a specific map to suit uk fuel, climate etc to make use of mechanical tolerances to take into account for a variety of customers in different countries then mapping is a great idea.

But its a very slippery slope, and changing parts to push massive power adding over 100bhp over stock will probably end in massive bills and a car which defeats the point of its original build market!

Saying that, if modding is your hobby, and you are trying to make a personalised car then all the very best

Hope that answers the original question.......

thanks for all the comments does anybody have a sachs clutch kit that they can recommend as theres a few to choose from and does the flywheel need changing? any way to check condition once its out?

Nice sig figures, but what's the diesel lump like when the roads not straight!!

My old fabia struggled even with suspension mods!!

Timed lap of Cadwell Park in 1:45 seconds....

Straight line hero I am not sir! ;)

Timed lap of Cadwell Park in 1:45 seconds....

Straight line hero I am not sir! ;)

That's bloody quick chap, if that's the full circuit then your lapping the same as some serious metal

Audi rs3 and a BMW z4 M both driven by pro drivers lap in 1.45

That I would like to see!!

Most of that seems to be more in reference to the 5 speed set up. Plus unless i`m reading it wrong, its saying the LUK is rated to 300lb which is the same as the 6 speed sachs set up as far as i`v read on here in the past.

I agree

My VRS is going in to Victoria garage in Maud Aberdeenshire (ex Skoda dealership)for the new clutch next wednesday, £500 fitted. Not to bad I think?