Alarm going off till the early hours of morning

My son in laws Fabia VRS 57 plate alarm was going off into the early hours of this morning,

He kept turning it off with the key fob and then it would go off again,

in the end after upsetting half the neighborhood he decided to take out fuse number 60 (horn etc) and leave it unlocked.

That did the trick but has anyone any ideas what this problem may be or has anyone come across this before?

I am asking on his behalf due to his internet playing up.

Thanks in advance

Mike

i know this is obvious but all of his windows were fully wound up?His battery could be giving up the ghost,i had a an alarm issue with a Volvo and it turned out the discharging battery would set off the alarm,although there was still enough juice to crank the engine.If its a 57plate then the battery could well be about 5yrs old now and maybe coming to the end of its life?

this happened on mine, turned out to be the bonnet catch, try the intermittent wipers to see if they work as when i didnt close bonnet correctly they wouldnt work also

i cleaned the bonnet contacts and slammed it shut, cured

Just rung him and he said his wipers wont work on the first click up, and he is going to have a look at the bonnet contacts tomorrow in the daylight. Where are the bonnet contacts anyway?

thanks,

Mike

If it's a 57 plate then is it a mark 1?

If so I have had this problem, Solved in the short term in my case simply by

pressing the lock button twice when leaving the car. This disables interior sensors.

Useful if for example, when you leave a dog/kids in the car and you want to lock

up to pay for fuel or something. Unfortunately it also disables the deadlocks too.

Presumably so that if you had locked someone in your car and it burst into flames

they could get out again.

So, you'll get a good nights sleep but your car isn't as secure but at least it'll be locked.

Give that a try, you'll know you've done it right as you'll hear a louder "kerchunk" noise a

moment after the second press.

its all part of the lock at the front of the car, theres a wired plug like thing in there that i removed and cleaned the contacts using wd40 and rags/cotton buds

its deffo the same problem and the wipers confirmed this, google ion the mk1 fabia section and youll find more. 2009 was when i made my post about it but considering the sleepless nights i had, ive never forgotten lol

• Like 1

• 1 year later...