Lowering problem

My Octy is 1,9TDi Sportstyle with DSG.

Everything is original, but there are very few Octys like this SO I can`t compare.

I would like to lower it for 2cm, and try not to have harder ride than this.

(This is way harder than regular 1,9TDi and I have 2 small kids)

When I compare it to RS from 2006 gap between arc and Tyre is the same around 30mm.

m79mq.jpg

RS uses shocks 55mm in dia. and 1,9TDi 50mm

So that means that I can`t use shocks from RS, but if I use Shocks and springs for lowering 1,9TDi I am afraid that the result will be the same. I know that adjustable suspension is the way to go.

But I can`t spend 1500€ on KW`s.

I can invest up to 600-700€ but I think that this is not enough for quality adjustables.

Any suggestions or someone had similar problem

Edited by Coks

The sports suspension you already have is lower than a standard Octavia suspension as you have already spotted. Fitting RS suspension will make no difference since it is in effect the same ride height as your current suspension.

Buying lowering springs for a 1.9 standard octavia will just put you in the same place.

You really need coilovers to go lower, you should be able to pick something up for 700 euros. Look at JOM or simillar.

This JOM or APs or ...?

Is this quality enough that I can use it for some 60k km on our bumpy roads.

Do I need some special parts except coilovers during these conversion.

I ask allot, but in Croatia there are not much Octys with coilovers.

Thx.

if your roads are very bumpy then you won't want coilovers, unless you're going for something specifically designed with comfort in mind. KW street comfort for instance.

Other option, go with something like H&R comfort cup kit? http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/2554/comfort-suspension-kit-front-strut-clamp-diameter-50mm

if your roads are very bumpy then you won't want coilovers, unless you're going for something specifically designed with comfort in mind. KW street comfort for instance.

Other option, go with something like H&R comfort cup kit? http://www.jbsautode...p-diameter-50mm

This seems very good! :happy:

What about H&Rs -45mm on this suspension.

Now I noticed this setup in other posts. :rock: I missed it, because I was searching posts with coilovers

Edited by Coks